Read more Our Mission: To improve the lives of young people by empowering them with effective decision skills. What You’ll Find at DEF: Training for Teachers and Youth Counselors in how to create and deliver decision skills instruction to students. Join us for one of our Educator Workshops . Curriculum that teaches decision-making skills as a standalone course and within mainstream subject areas such as English, history, and advisory. Educator Resources to help you reinforce the principles of decision quality. Partnership Opportunities for schools or youth-focused organizations who want to help young people acquire, appreciate, and apply the fundamentals of good decision making.
April 30th Webinar: Learn what it takes to bring decision skills to a school near you.
High School Classroom Study Proves Decision Education Improves Academic Performance
LIFE IS THE TEST: ARE YOUR KIDS READY?
Why decision education? Click image to watch a short video.
What are we doing about it?
It’s Your Choice is a web-based program designed to introduce the fundamental elements of decision making directly to students on their own terms and on their own schedule. It also provides support for educators with online training and in-class activities. And, as a web-based program, it is designed for low cost, ease of adoption and universal availability.
Click image to view a sample lesson.
More About It’s Your Choice:
- Currently in pilot sites across the country and targeted for release in Fall 2012
- Specialized courses in areas such as academic planning, personal health, personal finance and more are planned for future release
- For more information, click here.
- Our mission is to improve youth’s lives by equipping them with effective decision skills
- Decision Education helps improve confidence and cognitive ability
- For the history of DEF, click here.