It's Your Choice
A blended, web-based decision education program for students
What’s The Goal?
It’s Your Choice gives teens the tools to make better choices in their academic, personal and social lives. The program takes participants through the proven steps of making a deliberate decision in order to develop a solid foundation of practical and effective decision-making skills.
It’s Your Choice is designed to bring immediate improvement to students’ insight and ability through an emphasis on:
- Empowerment and responsibility
- Self-awareness and mindfulness
- Critical thinking and sound reasoning
- Persistence and follow-through
What’s The Program?
It’s Your Choice is an interactive, web-delivered decision education program with optional in-class activities for late middle and early high school students. Developed by educators and decision professionals, It’s Your Choice emphasizes how to decide instead of what to decide. It provides a structure for thinking through simple and complex choices to give young people greater skill and confidence in their decision-making.
- Series of 10 to 15-minute focused lessons with practical decision-making tips and tools
- Comprehensive teacher’s guide with suggested assessments, and application exercises
- Full-featured program with multimedia, discussion forums and integrated assessments for student-responsive learning
- Engaging teen-tested case studies where peers discuss struggles they
face with finance, health, family, school, relationships and planning for the
Where Does It Fit?
Whether used as a
stand-alone unit in Advisory, Transition/Bridge or other Life
Skills courses, or as enrichment material in traditional content areas like
English and History, It’s Your Choice provides a flexible program
for developing students’ self awareness and critical thinking skills. Students
can engage the online lessons either in school or as assigned homework.
Additionally, a companion teacher’s guide includes roadmaps, rubrics, target
skills sets, and lesson plans for the classroom.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org